The 23rd Yokohama Dance Collection (2018), for which the theme will be ‘SESSION/TRACE/HOME’, includes the premieres by cross-disciplinary artists active on the global stage, newly created and re-created works by choreographers who are leading artists in contemporary dance in Japan and overseas, and ambitious works by choreographers who have won prizes in the competitions at the Yokohama Dance Collection in recent years.
In “Coffee”, a piece by 〈Nibroll〉, the obscure boundaries of adulthood are overlapped with memories that do not fade. In another work, “Parade for the End of the World”, Jérémie Belingard, Shibuya Keiichiro, and Justine Emard reinterpret “Parade” by the Ballets Russes, which startled audiences one hundred years ago, creating a harmoniously layered blend of body, music, and video. In yet another work, Terada Misako performs a trilogy that expresses the “sharing” of her own body with other people.
The program also includes our competitions, which value originality in choreography with new perspectives on the body and expression for our times, as well as dance workshops, outdoor performances, and exhibitions. The multi-faceted Yokohama Dance Collection program will unfold over three weeks at the Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse No. 1, Yokohama Nigiwaiza Small Hall, and the ZOU-NO-HANA TERRACE.
- 2 → 18 February, 2018
- Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse No.1
- Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse No.1 [Yokohama Arts Foundation]
- Ambassade de France au Japon / Institut français du Japon, Yokohama Nigiwaiza [Yokohama Arts Foundation]
- The Agency of Cultural Affairs Government of Japan in the fiscal 2017
- Performing Arts Meeting in Yokohama 2018 Executive Committee, Seoul, MASDANZA , Performing Arts Festival Sibiu International Theatre Festival
- SHISEIDO Co., LTD., Yokohama Branch of Kirin Brewery Company, Limited., JVCKENWOOD Corporation
- ZOU-NO-HANA TERRACE, Steep Slope Studio, ST Spot、JSS Co., LTD., Kinosaki International Arts Center, Yokohama Minato Mirai Hall［Yokohama Arts Foundation］
- SHINSHOKAN DANCE MAGAZINE, Korean Cultural Center, Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Japan, Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines, Tokyo, Embassy of the Federative Republic of Brazil in Japan, Cultural and Tourism Bureau, City of Yokohama