OPEN CALL FOR CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION
YDC was launched as a choreography competition in 1996, providing an international platform for dance in Japan. To date, it has featured over 500 finalists. These choreographers confront society and the other, the body and artistic expression, and even now continue to develop their work in a variety of directions, both at home and abroad. This competition is a place for choreographers, dancers, and other artists to pursue composition, direction, and technique in dance, and to challenge themselves to new possibilities of artistic expression. It also serves as a platform for artistic dialogue and exchange. Choreography is a practice that reconsiders humanity by way of exploring the connections between the body and society. In this time of constant change, it will become more and more important to foster solidarity between artists, as well as ties with dance communities local, domestic, and abroad. Yokohama Dance Collection Competition announces its open call for applications for its 28th edition.
- 1. Open Call for applicationsFriday 8 April →Friday 10 June, 2022
*Only applications received online will be accepted.
- 2. Preliminary judgingThe judging will be based on the materials submitted with the application. The results of the preliminary judging will be emailed to all applicants at the late August. 2022
- 3. Final judgingSaturday 3, sunday 4 December, 2022;
Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse No. 1. 3rd Floor Hall
- 4. Award CeremonyThe winners will be announced and awards given at the award ceremony on Sunday 4 December, 2022.
How to apply
After submitting an entry form, please upload all the necessary materials to the URL notified in the auto-reply email within 24 hours. Please combine materials necessary for application into one Zip file and upload it. Be sure to name the file by choreographer’s name.
The file is to be uploaded to “Dropbox”. You can upload them without Dropbox account. Referring to the image below, fill in your name and email address which you submitted in the entry form.
Your application will be completed after you upload the Application materials.
1. Submit entry form.
2. Check the auto-replied email upon submitting.
3. Combine the materials necessary for application into one Zip file.
4. Upload the Zip file to the URL notified in the auto-replied email.
*Be sure to name the Zip file by choreographer’s name.
The file is to be uploaded to “Dropbox”. You can upload it without Dropbox account. Referring to the image below, fill in your name and email address which you submitted in the entry form.
Your application will be completed after you upload the materials.